Getting these small commitments from your prospect will help them to say “yes” and as well as show you how committed they are in the sales relationship. These tiny sales closes will help you achieve important milestones during the sales cycle and get to “yes” much quicker. I have found that waiting until the last stages of the sales process to make an ask can hurt your chances of winning and, ultimately, closing a sales opportunity.
1) What’s your Mobile phone number?
2) Why Do You Want To Make a Change Now?
3) Who Else knows That You’re Talking To Me Right Now?
Buyers who say “yes” are seriously considering a purchase. Buyers who say “no” are usually just casual or curious and probably won’t go ahead anyway!
Before the Proposal
4) Will You Be My Internal Champion?
And Finally – The Close
5) If I send the proposal today, can you return it to me signed within (x days from today)?
Salesperson: “If I send over the proposal right now, could you return it to me by Tuesday?”
Prospect: “No way, legal needs to red-line it.”
Salesperson: “Okay, what about if you sent me your initial thoughts and comments on Monday instead? And by the way when are legal planning on doing this – would it be helpful if we got our legal people involved?”
Prospect: “Sure that would work.”